Happy National Tater Tot Day! Today we celebrate the delicious potato side dish that has been gracing our dinner tables for years. Whether you enjoy them plain, smothered in chili and cheese, or even with a side of ketchup, today is the day to get your tater tot fix! So go out and celebrate this special holiday – dig into some tots and make sure to share them with your friends and family!
Tater Tot Casserole
This comforting, cheesy casserole is sure to be a hit with your family! Ingredients:
- 2 pounds of tater tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Place the tater tots in the bottom of the prepared baking dish in an even layer.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the beef and onion until beef is browned, about 5 minutes; drain off any excess fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream; mix well. Add the cooked beef and onions, 1 cup of shredded cheese, salt and pepper; stir until blended.
- Pour mixture over the tater tots in the baking dish and spread out evenly with a spoon or spatula. Top with remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly on top. Enjoy!
Images from Wikipedia