Pound cake is a type of cake traditionally made with a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. It’s typically baked in a loaf or bundt pan and has a dense texture that is perfect for serving with fresh fruit or whipped cream. Pound cake can also be flavored with vanilla extract, lemon zest, or other additions to give it a unique twist.
Here’s a simple recipe for making pound cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan before removing it.
Enjoy your delicious homemade pound cake!
Image from Wikipedia