The exact origins of peanut clusters are unclear, but they are believed to have originated in the United States. Peanuts have been a popular snack in America since the 1800s, and chocolate-covered peanuts have been around for almost as long. It’s likely that someone at some point decided to combine the two into a delicious cluster treat! Today, peanut clusters can be found in many candy stores and supermarkets across the country.
A peanut cluster is a sweet treat made with peanuts and chocolate. To make it, you’ll need peanuts, chocolate chips, and some butter or shortening.
Here’s a simple recipe to make peanut clusters:
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time until fully melted.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter or shortening until fully combined.
- Add in 1 cup of peanuts and stir together.
- Spoon the mixture onto wax paper or parchment paper in small clusters.
- Let the clusters cool and harden for about an hour before enjoying!
It’s that easy! You can also add in other ingredients like raisins or marshmallows to switch things up a bit.
Image from Desserts on a Dime