A full fridge doesn’t have to be a cluttered fridge. When a refrigerator is organized, you won’t have to dig around to find something to cook or snacks. A well-organized fridge is a key component of any kitchen. Not only does it help to keep food fresh, but it also makes it easy to find what you need when you’re in a hurry.
Here are six tips to help you get your fridge in tip-top shape
- Start by grouping items together that are alike. This can include putting all of the condiments in one area, or grouping all of the produce together or in the produce drawer.
- Make sure that all of the produce is properly labeled. This will help you know at a glance what needs to be used up first. Next, sort the produce by type. Put all of the leafy greens together, all of the root vegetables together, and so on. This will make it easy to find what you’re looking for when you’re in a hurry.
- To get the most out of your produce, be sure to keep your drawer tidy and well-stocked with all of your favorite fruits and vegetables. The time to clean out the drawer is every week or so. Discard any wilted or moldy produce.
- Use clear containers whenever possible, so that you can see what’s inside at a glance.
- Keep an eye on expiration dates, and make sure to toss.
- Don’t overload the shelves. Overloaded shelves creates bad air circulation and items may freeze.
By following these simple tips, you can declutter and organize your fridge in no time. A clean, organized fridge will make meal planning and preparation a breeze. Who knew that something as simple as organizing your fridge could make such a big difference in your life?