What is Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate, also known as drinking chocolate, is a type of sweetened hot beverage typically made from cocoa powder or cocoa syrup and milk. Traditionally, it was made with melted dark chocolate or grated cocoa beans mixed with water or milk. Nowadays, the hot cocoa mix can be bought at grocery stores to make an easy yet delicious treat! Additionally, it can be made in various flavors such as white hot chocolate, peppermint hot chocolates, mocha hot chocolates and so much more.
How to Make Hot Chocolate
Making hot chocolate is simple and only requires a few ingredients. Here are the steps:
- Gather your desired hot cocoa mix, milk, and any add-ins (such as marshmallows or cinnamon).
- Pour the hot cocoa mix into a heated mug or other vessel.
- Heat up your desired amount of milk in a saucepan until it begins to steam.
- Slowly add the steamed milk to the mug with the hot cocoa mix, stirring continuously until everything is combined.
- Add any desired toppings or additional ingredients such as whipped cream, chocolate shavings, etc., stirring them in gently but thoroughly.
- Enjoy your hot cocoa!
Image from Wikipedia