Happy Moldy Cheese Day! today is the perfect day to enjoy your favorite moldy cheese. Whether you like it stinky or soft, there’s a cheese out there for everyone. So grab your favorite moldy cheese and enjoy!
Moldy cheese is definitely not something you want to see in your fridge. But, alas, it happens to the best of us. If you’ve found yourself with a hunk of moldy cheese, don’t despair! There are actually several ways to enjoy it.
Yes, you read that right. Moldy cheese can be delicious. In fact, some of the world’s most popular cheeses are purposely moldy. Blue cheese, for example, is made by adding mold to the milk during the cheese-making process. The mold gives the cheese its characteristic blue veining and distinct flavor.
So, if you’re feeling adventurous, why not give moldy cheese a try? Here are a few recipes to get you started:
Moldy Cheese Dip
1 cup moldy blue cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight, to allow the flavors to meld.
3. Serve with crackers or breadsticks for dipping.
Moldy Cheese Soup
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 pound moldy cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
3. Whisk in milk and chicken broth, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in moldy cheese and cook until melted, about 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot with crusty bread for dipping.
Moldy Cheese Day is a day to celebrate all things cheese! This includes enjoying delicious cheeses that have gone bad, as well as learning about the science behind why moldy cheese is safe to eat. Moldy cheese is full of beneficial bacteria that can help improve gut health, so this is the perfect day to indulge in your favorite stinky cheese!
So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and celebrate Moldy Cheese Day! Eat some moldy cheese, learn about the science behind it, and enjoy the delicious flavor of cheese that has gone bad. And don’t forget to share your love of moldy cheese with others!