Celebrating National Almond Day!
If you’re a fan of almonds, it’s time for you to celebrate! National Almond Day is celebrated on February 16th each year, and it’s the perfect excuse to indulge in one of the world’s most popular nuts. Here are some great ways to celebrate this special day:
- Head to your local farmers market or grocery store and pick up some fresh almonds. Try some different varieties from traditional sweet to slightly salty and savory.
- Bake a delicious almond cake or tart with homemade almond meal as the base.
- Make a batch of vegan or vegetarian tacos using chopped, toasted almonds as the filling.
- Create your own trail mix at home by combining sliced almonds, dark chocolate chips, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Indulge in an almond butter and jelly sandwich – use crunchy almond butter instead of regular peanut butter for a nutty twist.
- Toast whole almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat until lightly browned and fragrant – sprinkle over salads and desserts for added flavor and crunch. Enjoy!
Images from Wikipedia