Here is a simple recipe for making shrimp scampi:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz linguine or spaghetti
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until they are pink and just cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice to the skillet and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, until it has thickened slightly.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to coat it in the sauce. Add the shrimp back to the skillet and toss again.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious shrimp scampi!
Image from Damn Delicious