Oatmeal cookies are a type of cookie that is made with rolled oats, flour, sugar, and other ingredients. They are a popular snack and can be found in many bakeries, cafes, and grocery stores.
Here’s a simple recipe for oatmeal cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until fully combined.
- Stir in the rolled oats and raisins (if using) until evenly distributed.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your homemade oatmeal cookies!
Image from Wikipedia