Cheese Fondue: What It Is and How to Make It
Cheese fondue is a traditional Swiss dish that consists of melted cheese mixed with wine and seasonings. The melted cheese is then served with a variety of dippers such as bread, broccoli, crackers, mushrooms, and more. It’s typically enjoyed by dipping items into the cheese fondue and savoring the gooey goodness.
Making a cheese fondue doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming. Here’s an easy way to make it at home:
- 2 cups of your favorite shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chopped garlic (optional)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a separate bowl, mix together the shredded cheese and cornstarch until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot, add the white wine and butter to heat over low heat until the butter melts completely.
- Add in the cheese mixture gradually while stirring continuously until all the cheese has melted completely into the liquid. (Tip: You can also use an immersion blender here if needed).
- If desired, you can add in chopped garlic for more flavor as well as salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with dippers such as bread cubes, vegetables, mushrooms, etc! Enjoy!