How do you make peanut butter cookies
To make peanut butter cookies, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup (250g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (220g) packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (315g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making peanut butter cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, creamy peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or do this by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter. Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Use a fork to create a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie, gently pressing down to flatten the dough slightly.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they are lightly golden around the edges. The cookies may appear soft, but they will firm up as they cool.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy!
These peanut butter cookies are deliciously soft and chewy with a rich peanut butter flavor. Feel free to customize them by adding chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or any other mix-ins of your choice.
Image from Wikipedia