Homemade guacamole is a delicious and popular Mexican dip made primarily with avocados. Here’s a simple and tasty recipe for you to try:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional, for some heat)
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Prepare the Avocados:
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the Avocados:
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the avocados to your desired consistency. Some people like it chunky, while others prefer it smoother.
- Add Lime Juice and Salt:
- Squeeze the juice of one lime onto the mashed avocados. Lime not only adds flavor but also helps prevent the guacamole from browning too quickly. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Add Onion, Cilantro, and Garlic:
- Add the diced onion, chopped cilantro, and minced garlic to the mashed avocados. Mix until well combined.
- Add Tomatoes and Optional Cayenne Pepper:
- Gently fold in the diced tomatoes. If you like a bit of heat, add a pinch of ground cayenne pepper. Taste and adjust salt, lime juice, or cayenne pepper if necessary.
- Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl. You can garnish with additional cilantro or a few tomato pieces if you like. Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips.
Enjoy your homemade guacamole as a dip or alongside your favorite Mexican dishes!
Image from Wikipedia